The Comedians Wife

The Comedians Wife
If it's good luck when it rains on your wedding day, what does it mean if a hurricane blows through?

Thursday, July 8, 2010

18 Months a Mommy!

My son turned 18 months old today. 18 MONTHS! It's absolutely mind boggling, when you think about it. I wasn't sure I would make it through the first 18 days! Oh sure I pretended like I knew exactly what I was doing, but the truth is, it's really a miracle I haven't left him on top of my car in his baby seat as I drive away. After all, I leave my coffee cup up there on a regular basis and that shit is like liquid gold to me.
18 months doesn't seem like a long time when you write it down or say it out loud. Hell I still have a Costco size, ginormous thing of garbage bags I haven't finished, and I know I bought that thing longer than 18 months ago. When you have a baby though, 18 months is a HUGE milestone.
I have managed to keep this little human being I created safe and relatively sound, for one year and a half. I have made it through the teething and the tantrums . I survived the endless nights of no sleep, and fears my baby was definitely going to be the baby that had some horrible baby disease. The hours on end staring into the baby monitor making sure he was still breathing. Forever running thorough FBI checks on my new babysitter, and crying my first night out, sure I would end up on Oprah's couch next week pleading for my sons return. I have endured countless hours of Yo Gabba Gabba, and I am alive to tell the tale.
I have been a mommy for 18 whole months, and haven't needed more than one glass of wine a night. (Okay maybe two)
I will be checking the mail everyday waiting to receive my Super Hero cape. After all, I have never seen SuperMAN, make a dinner for 6 while changing a poop diaper,singing the theme song to Elmo's world, making sure every one's got on clean underwear, all while wearing 6 inch stilettos and a buzz light year back pack! Thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment