The Comedians Wife

The Comedians Wife
If it's good luck when it rains on your wedding day, what does it mean if a hurricane blows through?

Monday, July 12, 2010

107 Degrees.


When you hear it's 107 degrees out you think, "Wow that's hot!" When you actually feel 107 degrees you think holy shit I'm gonna die! My family has ventured out on yet another exciting work project where the perks are plentiful, the people are awesome, and the place is freaking HOT!   Las Vegas, Nevada. It holds the title for driest state in the country and a record for highest temperature ever, reaching 125 degrees  in 1994! There must have been a lot of sinners coming to Vegas that year!

 It's truly mind blowing.  I can honestly say I thought I knew what heat was.   Having grown up on the east coast with parents who wouldn't let you turn the air conditioner on unless it hit 100 in August.  "It's good to sweat," my dad would say.  "Gets out all the poison."  At 9 years old I had no idea why poison was running through me, but what I did know, was that my best friend must have had no poison running through her body because her parents left the air conditioning on 24/7.  You could see your breath in her house. After a few years and a few sweat sessions, I now know the poison my dad was referring to was surely my moms cooking, and I thank him for having us sweat it out. Who knows what would have happened if her meat loaf was left inside us.  So of course I know heat! Or so I thought.

  Las Vegas heat is different. This sun is like a woman scorn and she is pissed and just wants to burn you.   Burn you with her eyes!  When we pulled up to the hotel and opened the car door it was like being sucked into a blow dryer.  I checked the passenger seat  to make sure my ass skin wasn't left behind that's how hot it is. You can certainly be branded by your seat belt if you're not careful.   My 18 month old son says about 5 words and usually makes no sense.  When we took him out of his car seat and walked towards the hotel, he looked at us and said.."HOT" Over and over!  I had a few other words to add to the list like blistering, boiling and scorching! Every time I go out side, which mind you is for like 2 seconds and it's because there is no other way, I actually feel my self sizzle. 107 degrees people!! What else is there to do but get the poison out.  Only this time I am in the most ideal place to put the poison IN first!

3 comments:

  1. tra! i love your blog! i read it every time you post! so funny and so well written! have fun in Vegas! my least favorite city in the world! love to all of you guys! love, melissa gannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tra!!!! Hello when did you start a blog!! I am following you baby!! When are you coming back to NY? A long over due visit is in order!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel..I lived in Vegas for a little over 2 years and all I ever hear people say is how the heat is okay because "it's a dry heat". I don't care if it's dry or wet..it's hot!!

    ReplyDelete