The Comedians Wife

The Comedians Wife
If it's good luck when it rains on your wedding day, what does it mean if a hurricane blows through?

Friday, August 13, 2010

Sweet August

After everything that has happened in the past few weeks, "I.e", packing, traveling alone with a monster, airport disasters, bridal showers, and of course staying with my parents.  I barely even noticed it was August!  My most favorite month of the year.

August has been a pretty historic month, if you ask me.  In August of 1959, Hawaii became the 50th state.  I love Hawaii.  In August of 69...Woodstock commenced. I love Woodstock.

In August of  seventy bleep I was born.  I loved being born.

Being born means one very important thing, BIRTHDAY PARTIES, I love birthday parties!

Anyone who knows me, knows I love everything about birthday's.  I love the parties, the cake, the presents, the balloon's, the attention! The bigger the better.  I love theme birthday's, party dresses, cakes with my name on them, making wishes after blowing out  the candles, and of course goody bags.

 Who doesn't love themselves some good old fashioned goody bags. You know the kind.  The kind with the good candy.  The large sized snickers bar and the string candy necklaces.   They are awesome.

To be honest, if it was up to me,  I would still have a super hero themed birthday party, where I get to dress up as Wonder Woman, or Princess Leia.  My friends would be required to wear their favorite super hero costumes. While capes with every one's initials would be handed out upon arrival.    McDonald's french fries and Margareta's would be passed around.  Instead of pin the tail on the donkey, straight up BEER PONG would be the game of choice. Superman Vs. Batman in beer pong.  I could die.

I really think as adults we somehow lose the sense of awesomeness surrounding birthday's.  Remember when you were a kid, and someone asked, "What do you want for your birthday this year?" You answered right?  You made a list of everything you wanted and let every family member you could find know what it was you were wishing for.  Now as adults, we're asked the same question, and generally respond with, "Oh no, I don't need anything."

 "I'm too old for birthday's."

Ya know what I say.....HELL TO THE NO! I want me some presents, and I want me some cake!!!  I want to party, and I will never be to old for a kick ass birthday bash.  I will forever wake up excited the day has arrived, and sleep like the dead when the day is over.

Sure, I might wake up with a few unexpected presents in each passing year.  Thank you grey hair, and new wrinkle on my forehead. But that will never stop me.  I will still dust off my tiara,  pull out my party dress,  grab my super hero cape and go celebrate the joyous occasion!

That being said, if anyone speaks to my husband can you tell him that I have been a pretty awesome girl this year, and deserve many many fine things for my birthday! I have registered at Bloomingdale's and he can find my "wish list" under BEST WIFE EVER, WHOSE BIRTHDAY IS IN 13 DAYS!

Thank you kindly.

Just a lazy day in August 197..bleep
After a Birthday Bash!

No comments:

Post a Comment